Monday, December 12, 2011

At the end of my garden stands a mountain!

Mt. Rainier and Commencement Bay of Puget Sound
At the end of my garden stands a very tall mountain. Her name (for I am certain that mountain is a she) is Tahoma.  She is also known as Mt. Rainier. Locally, here in the Pacific Northwest of the USA, she is also simply known as The Mountain. For more than 40 years I have watched and documented the many moods of this mountain.  There was a time when I thought to try and publish a book of some of my images of this monolith but like so many plans in life - it hasn't come to fruition.  In the meantime I decided my blog was as good a place as any to share some of my images.  This view (taken earlier this week) might be called - now you see me and in a flash I'll be gone! It was a moment when "quick get the camera" flashed through my mind and while not a fabulous quality image it shows a huge fog bank moving in and indeed - in a flash - she was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment